7.04.2009

Identity Crisis of Neighborhood Proportions

One of my favorite things about living in DC has always been the history, the quaint brick rowhouses, the downstairs coffeeshop, the little local restaurants where the staff recognizes me, the neighborhood characters. So why, after a decade, do I find myself in... Arlington.

And worse, why do I actually LIKE it. This little video can give you a glimpse, but as one of my friends put it, "you may as well be living in Tampa."



So... were all those gritty city loving years less that genuine. Was I playing in my own mental "The City" reality show? Because it's kind of nice having things clean, and safe, and being able to park without hassle.

And I really like guys in brown flip flops.

Guess you can't really take the Florida out of the girl, no matter how long she lives in DC.

No comments: